Every year, there are many tourists that flock to Singapore for holidays. One of the reasons is that Singapore is a shopping paradise. Shopping in Singapore never gets boring. Here, there are many shopping destinations and malls that you can visit during your stay.
If you are looking for possible destinations to shop in Singapore, you are at the right place. In this article, let me highlight 5 main shopping destinations that you must visit:
1. Orchard road. This is the most popular shopping destination in Singapore. You can find malls after malls offering attractive goods. You can find all kinds of goods there, such as: branded clothes and bottoms, IT accessories, books, cosmetics, furniture, decorative items, etc. Along orchard road, you can also find departmental stores that offer slightly cheaper but quality goods. This is one place that you cannot miss out.
2. Sim Lim Square. Sim Lim is famous for electronic goods and IT accessories. Tourists can enjoy tax-free shopping there. If you are a gadget fanatics looking for laptops, MP 3 players, custom-built desktops, LCD monitors & TV, you must visit Sim Lim Square.
3. VivoCity. This is the largest shopping mall in Singapore. It is located in Harbour Front, which is very near the off-shore island Sentosa which is famous for its sun-tanning and sight-seeing. In VivoCity, you can find restaurants that offer local delicacies. Also, there are lots of boutiques offering branded goods. If you are into fashion, this is the right place for you.
4. Paragon. Paragon is well-known for its branded boutiques. It is the only shopping mall in Singapore that sells only branded goods and it is located along Orchard road. You can find all kinds of famous brands such as Ralph Lauren, Guess, Hugo Boss, Gucci, and Dunhill in Paragon.
5. Chinatown. This is a place where you can buy lots of goods at bargain prices. But, you must be good at negotiating. If you do not negotiate, you will sometimes pay higher price for goods. Also, there are lots of eating houses and restaurants that offer local Chinese cuisines. Other than being well-known for shopping, Chinatown is also a dining paradise.
These are 5 main shopping destinations you must visit when you come to Singapore. They are easily accessible by either MRT or taxi. If you are not sure about any of the location, just go to Google Earth and type in the name of the destination. Have a safe and good trip!