Honoring females who make an impression in Colorado’s foodstuff, beverage and hospitality industries is what Les Dames d’Escoffier International Colorado Chapter is all about. And the chapter’s future Large Stir Competition will celebrate these women with an afternoon of delicious treats, seminars, an awards presentation and much more.
The celebration will acquire put on April 23, 1 to 5 p.m., at Tivoli Heart on Denver’s Auraria Campus.
Much more than 25 tasting tables will characteristic treats ready by the chapter’s Management Award winners, chapter members and sponsors. A few educational seminars will be available, two by Denver-based sommeliers: “Exploring One Varietal Champagne Properties,” offered by Maia Parish, and “All About Agave: Let us Talk Tequila and Mezcal,” offered by Valerie Alvarado, and the other by author and foodstuff historian Adrian Miller, very best identified as the Soul Food Scholar she will be talking about the historical past of African American women in barbecue.
Carlos’ Bistro’s successful streak continues in Colorado Springs
The Leadership Award winners involve:
• Fathima Dickerson, co-owner of Welton Avenue Café House of Mona’s in Denver.
• Sally A. Herbert, founder and CEO of Altius Farms Inc., a Denver urban farm.
• Nicole Mattson, co-founder of Nocturne and Noble Riot, a Denver wine bar.
• Barbara Macfarlane, promoting director emeritus with Marczyk Good Meals, a neighborhood market place in Denver.
Colorado Springs bodily therapist gives suggestions for nutritious life-style
• Jolene Collins, CEO of JoJo’s Sriracha, a Pueblo-primarily based scorching sauce maker.
• Tiffany Fixter, founder of Brewability Lab, an Englewood brewery..
• Aminata Dia, chef-operator of Le French Bakery & Café in Denver.
• Julie Stone, government director of Operate Possibilities, which supplies culinary occupation teaching and methods in Denver.
• Shae Whitney, founder of Dram Apothecary, makers of a line of bitters and syrups in Silver Plume.
• Lisa Wong, chef-operator of WongWayVeg, a vegan food stuff truck in Denver.
“Our chapter is proud to figure out these inspiring women,” states Megan Bucholz, president of Les Dames d’Escoffier Colorado. “Even much better, although undertaking so, we’re able to supply monetary assist to a new era of gals in search of to grow in these industries. We could not do this with no our generous sponsors and group.”
The pageant will increase scholarship dollars to assistance gals in culinary reports. Les Dames d’Escoffier Global Colorado Chapter — which champions philanthropy, variety, sustainability and instruction — has awarded extra than $20,000 in scholarships to aspiring feminine culinary professionals in excess of far more than a ten years a minimal of a few $1,000 scholarships are awarded every single yr. (Entire disclosure: I’m a founding member of the business.)
Tickets price $55 scholar tickets, $45. Pay a visit to tinyurl.com/2zse6ar7 for info. Attendees need to be 21 or older.
Call the writer: 636-0271.
make contact with the author: 636-0271.